Exercise does not only shapes our bodies. It can also help shape our minds. With the ability to elevate mood, counter anxiety and depression, exercise is an effective tool for beating stress. But how does it work?
- Boosts your endorphins. Being physical active helps bump up the production of your brain's feel-good neurotransmitters, which is known as the endorphins.
- It’s like meditation in motion.After several laps in the pool, you'll often find that you've somehow forgotten your day's irritations and concentrated only on your movements. When you shed your daily tensions through physical activities, it’ll eventually result in increased energy and optimism. Ultimately can help you remain calm and clear in everything you do.
- Improves your mood.Regular exercise helps boost self-confidence and improve your sleep. These exercise benefits can ease your stress levels and give you a better perspective in life.
Nothing can beat regular exercise when it comes to stress-busting. Exercise is the best way to channel out excess energy, especially if you have a sedentary job. You don't need to get a gym membership. Exercising can be as informal as taking your dog for a walk, or dancing at home to your favorite music.
Experts recommend exercising at a moderate intensity for a minimum of 30 minutes, several days a week. Aside from making you feel relaxed and happy, being active can help reduce your risk of heart condition and stroke, manage high blood pressure, diabetes and back pain. All in all, fit people are better able to handle the effects of stress without suffering serious health issues.
Do you find yourself making excuses? Well, you’re not alone. One good approach to this habit is writing them down and assess each one. Perhaps you’d say:
- I don't have the extra time/money.
- I don't enjoy exercise.
- I am too old/tired
- There are no fitness facilities close by.
Remember, exercise doesn't have to take place at the gym. You can exercise even without spending money, leaving the house or having a particular skill set. All you really need is the will power to start moving! Just remember to warm up and cool down, of course, in order to avoid any injury.
Improve Your Overall Well-Being
By doing regular physical activities, your body will become healthier and stronger which can reduce stress associated with other health issues. Inactivity won’t give you improved health, better sleep, and more energy. So if you want an improved self-confidence and a sense of command over your body and life, start moving today. Help yourself be more equipped and confident to face your daily stresses.